Chile-California "Partnership for the 21st Century"
A Collaboration for the 21st Century Between the Republic of Chile and the State of California
Memorandum and Agreements
- Memorandum of Understanding (PDF 29 KB) on the Issues of Human Capital Development, Education, Environmental Protection, Energy, Agriculture, Information and Communication Technologies, and Trade - A Collaboration for the 21st Century Between the Republic of Chile and the State of California
- Memorandum of Understanding (PDF 342 KB) Between the Regents of the University of California, on Behalf of the Davis Campus and the Seed Biotechnology Center (SBC) of the University of California, Davis in the USA and in Chile The Asociación Nacional de Productores de Semillas (ANPROS), the Instituto de Investigaciones Agropecuarias (INIA), the Universidad de Chile, the Universidad Católica de Chile, the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, the Universidad de Talca, Universidad Austral de Chile. - June, 2008
- Agreement Between the Government of the Republic of Chile and the Regents of the University of California (UC) (PDF 529 KB) to Establish the Chile-California Program on Human Capital Development
- General Agreement of Educational Cooperation (PDF 23 KB) Between the California State University and the Regents of Universidad Tecnológica de Chile - INACAP.
- Memorandum of Understanding (PDF 22 KB) Agreement of Cooperation between the School of Education, Stanford University and the Centro de Estudios de Políticas y Prácticas de la Educación, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Memorandum of Understanding (PDF 32 KB) between Vinnova S.A. and Tecnovid S.A., in Chile and the Department of Viticulture and Enology of the University of California, in the USA.
- Memorandum of Understanding (PDF 390 KB) between Center for Advanced Interdisciplinary Research in Materials, Universidad de Chile and University of California, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Solar Energy Research Center, Materials Sciences Division.
- Agreement of Cooperation (PDF 901 KB) between Universidad de Concepción, Chile and the Regents of the University of California, on Behalf of the Davis Campus, United States of America.
- Letter of Understanding (PDF 68 KB) between Center of Evaluation for Global Action (CEGA) University of California, Berkeley and Centro de Microdatos, Departamento de Economía, Universidad de Chile.
- Memorandum of Understanding (PDF 100 KB) on Environmental Cooperation between the California Environmental Protection Agency of the State of California, United States of America and the National Commission for the Environment of the Republic of Chile.
Other Activities and Information Related with the Agreements
- September 24, 2010 -- Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger Meets Chilean President Piñera, Witnesses Signing of MOUs between CA & Chile Universities (Office of the Governor's website).
- April 5, 2010 -- Chile’s Foreign Affairs Minister, Alfredo Moreno, and the director of the California Emergency Management Agency, Matthew Bettenhausen, signed on April 5, 2010 a joint statement on emergency and disaster cooperation. See joint statement. (PDF 1.5 MB)
- Apple Computer on Technological Trip to Chile (Ambassador Simons hosted a breakfast for Apple Inc. Executives to support the Apple-Government of Chile MOU signed in 2007 within the Chile California Partnership) - May 8, 2009.
- Successful Seminar in California to Promote Development of Solar Projects in Chile - April 24, 2009.
- Chile and California Sign Environmental Cooperation Agreement - April 23, 2009.
- Speeches by Governor Schwarzenegger and President Bachelet - Office of the Governor of California site - June 12, 2008
- Press Release - Governor Schwarzenegger Establishes New Partnership on Trade, Environment and Agriculture with Republic of Chile - Press Release, Office of the Governor of California site - June 12, 2008
- Spotlight: UC Davis, Chile renew old ties - U.S., state, foreign dignitaries fill Freeborn for signing ceremony - June 12, 2008
- California State Assembly: Address by Her Excellency Michelle Bachelet Jeria (PDF 67 KB), President of the Republic of Chile at the California State legislature, Sacramento, June 12, 2008
- UCBerkeley News: An alliance for green prosperity? On a visit to Berkeley and LBNL this week, Chilean President Michelle Bachelet emphasized the value of collaboration between her nation and the state of California - June 13, 2008
- Chile, California Strengthen Ties in Education, Trade - article published by the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of International Information Programs - June 23, 2008
- Press Release - State of California and Chile Launch Partnership for the 21st Century - U.S. Embassy in Santiago website.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.