- New Visa Processing Fees - On April 13th, 2012, processing fees for U.S. visas changed. Receipts of fees prior to April 13th will be valid for 90 days.
- All Applicants are required to use the form DS-160 online electronic visa application. You cannot schedule an appointment without first completing this application. Please follow directions on How to Apply at this link.
What is a visa?
A visa is issued by a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. A visa entitles the holder to travel to the United States and apply for admission at the border; it does not guarantee entry. An immigration inspector at the port of entry determines the visa holder's eligibility for admission into the United States.
Who needs a visa?
Anyone who is not eligible to enter the United States without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program, or is not exempt from the visa requirement. Please note: Travelers born in the United States and those who hold dual citizenship with the United States must enter and depart the United States with U.S. passports.
Issuance of visas
Visa applicants are encouraged to apply for their visas well in advance of their intended date of travel.
No assurance regarding the issuance of visas can be given in advance. Final travel plans or the purchase of non-refundable air tickets should not be made until your application has been approved and you have received your visa.
What types of visas are available?
- Nonimmigrant Visas - The following provides information on visa requirements for travelers to the United States who wish to visit, work or study for a temporary period. More information...
- Immigrant Visas - An immigrant visa is required of anyone who wishes to enter the United States to reside there permanently, whether or not that person plans to seek employment in the United States. More Information...
Fraud warning for visa applicants
- ATTENTION: There are many websites that are NOT official U.S. Government websites offering visa information and services.
Av. Andrés Bello 2800
Embassy Switchboard: (56-2) 23303000
Closest Metro Station: